Wednesday 1 October 2008

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for R.E.S.P.E.C.T

Bad day. I have too many opinions and not enough respect, or at least that was the theme within today's media lecture. One does not appriciate one's opinions being laughed at. Indeed, neither does one appriciate having a very academic, intelligent and sensible opinion looked upon as if it were both appalling and crazy. Nope, not at all, Mister.

So today I'm dressing for a little respect (you know you want to start singing...go on!). As I'm playing student today and not freelance journalist, I need to keep it fresh and young but still as if I know what I'm talking about.

I've selected a pretty blue See by ChloƩ cocoon coat; I love the shape and my own selection for this winter is a pink M&S cocoon number with the most amazing neckline.

I'm not the only one in thinking black equals smart and thus equals serious, right? Perhaps I am but so be it! The lower half of the outfit features a simple black tulip skirt from high-street Heaven store Dorothy Perkins, simple ribbed tights and lifetime lasting D&G black flats.

Up top we have this interesting number from Miss Selfridge which has been spotted on a TV presenter/singer/reality star (actually, it was Holly Willoughby, I think). This adds a fun twist, something light and yet smart tucked into the skirt.

Finally, a pair of simple gold hoops always win and how could you not have a giggle when life/lectures becomes too much when you're carrying around this fish beauty by Hollywould?