Wednesday 15 October 2008

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for reading fashion marketing books in Starbucks.

Considering I didn't go to bed until 2:30am and woke 3 hours later, the day flew by with not a yawn in sight (well, maybe one whilst in the library). A quick lecture with my philosophy teacher, a tutorial class which was spent talking fashion with the lovely Samuel and then a five minute meeting to discuss my media essay (I'm onto a good one!).

I indulged in a Starbucks white mocha and caramelised onion and cheese bread. If you could not tell me the calorie intake, I'd be chuffed, thaaaaaaaaaaanks! Whilst I sat sipping on coffee and with a whipped cream moustache, I opened up my current favourite fashion marketing book and fell in love like I've never known. Ahh, reading about Coco Chanel's insults to Poiret made me geekily giggle and proud to be a feisty woman.

There are very few things that I enjoy more than learning about marketing and promotion within fashion. See, I knew I'd find my place in the fashion world and the numbers world (sort of).

When you brothers are annoying you/your appointments keep getting cancelled/your bloke finds you just a wee bit too much/Hollyoaks is reducing you to tears every night this week, try and pick up something about fashion branding- trust me, it'll work!

Dressing For is geeking it up today! The fashion and book lover within you is released all in one. The Luella floral blouse is the key piece of the outfit- buy a few sizes up and wear it over sized and baggy. I've then used some fab skinny Topshop trousers and I worship the lucky ladies who own these Jonathan Kelsey for Luella shoe-boots. Throw on some typical geek glasses, a Forever21 bobble hat and some Primark accessories. Am I a geek? Yes, Sir!


Fashion marketing chic. by hollieanne