Wednesday 24 December 2008

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for Christmas Eve.

Happy Holidays, Everyone. Can you believe Christmas is upon us already? It's weird for me, really, as I had Fake Christmas with MYB last week and I really don't feel festive anymore. But I need to consider the following: since when was dinner at Nandos and discussions about Sam Ronson festive? Spending time with my parents (my father not included), too much wine, glittery decorations and the current wonder of really bad Christmas songs that currently fill this gigantic house rather successfully is what Christmas really is.

And it's going OK. I actually had a hospital appointment this afternoon but have spent the rest of the time slowly sipping on rosé and wrapping pretty gifts in purple paper.

I got lost in explaining Christmas Eve traditions to MYB last night and the major one of our household will be underway soon: the huge girly bubble bath and the new pajamas. I have to open the gift my mother selects from under the tree and it's always a pair of new pajamas. Although I fear my mother selected the wrong size this year and I'll be snuggling up in MYB's favourite bedtime attire of mine, my robot pajamas.

I am missing MYB tonight. We haven't spoken today and I'm pretty sure we won't as he's so terribly busy. And indeed, Friday will symbolise a family birthday for him and I'm certainly not family. Gutted.

Moving on, how sparkly and fab is this outfit?! The outfit is perfect for pre-Christmas cocktails with your BFFs. The Anna Sui dress reminds me of a flapper girl dress and the fact that it's covered in sequins makes it even more amazing. As the dress is quite short, I've gone for total excess with DAY Birger et Mikkelsen leggings and continued the sequin theme with some really pretty heels by Marc by Marc Jacobs. Accessories are mixed textures with some ASOS earrings, a wonderful octopus ring by Kenneth Jay Lane and a total lust-have via a classic Bottega Veneta clutch.



Christmas Eve Drinks. by hollieanne