Wednesday 3 December 2008

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for snow.

Oh my word, what happened to the UK today? Whether you were in the Scottish Highlands or "daaaawn soufff", I'm sure you'll have experienced some sort of snow blizzard or at least patches of ice. In my part of the world it was defiantly a day for wrapping up warm and trying not to slip on all the black ice. I'm shocked to say that I didn't slip once. What's happening to me? I'm normally the first on my rather rounded bottom!

Tomorrow is supposed to be worse so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that travel will be OK. MYB appeared the manage yesterday and I'm guessing he was fine today but this weather isn't doing anything for his cold nor mine.

I'm more of a fan of summer fashion, I admit. Winter is fine, I like coats and scarves but I also love my peep toes and thin dresses too much. MYB, I recall, once sent me a photograph of him all wrapped up in his scarf and coat (probably from Zara!) and he looked amazing- the man can pull off the whole ten layers of clothing thing really well. His other half cannot. Perhaps it's something to do with my not size 10 figure and already having extra padding thus feeling even more self conscious in a thick coat? Yes, that's probably it.

Anyway, I couldn't get away with today's outfit but I'm sure someone else jolly well could and here we are. We're fighting against the bitter cold today so I've picked an amazing Graeme Black cashmere coat with a fabulous colour. If the coat wasn't warm enough, underneath is a simple black cashmere vest which is paired with some skinny jeans and boots by Acne. Final touches come in the form of some gloves by Principles, a long Monsoon necklace and this amazing Louboutin flannel tote bag. Stay warm!


Freezing cold! by hollieanne