Sunday 7 December 2008

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for an entire weekend of being ill.

As you can tell from my last two entries (or lack of, as the case may be), I've spent the entire weekend really ill. I was fine on Friday afternoon as I spoke to MYB whilst he was waiting in the departure lounge of an airport in the Isle of Man but between his flight taking off and landing, I was struck down with an awful sickness bug.

To be honest, my days have all blurred into one and I've had about six hours sleep in three days. I came down with the illness so suddenly but it lasted all weekend and I ended up throwing up all through the night. I've been totally weak for the past day or two and hardly have the energy to even type this out.

Looks like I'm going to have to cancel my morning meeting tomorrow as to try and make sure I'm fine for my evening lecture. I haven't been out the house all weekend and would kill for some fresh air hence the perfect Sunday afternoon walk outfit for Dressing For today.

How sweet is this Marc by Marc Jacobs knit? It's a perfect office to weekend piece and well worth the approximate price tag of £140. Pair with some simple dark jeans with white stitching, a Miss Selfridge sequin beret and some hoops from Nine West. This anchor necklace by Juicy Couture is going on my Christmas list but it's the shoes and handbag that are the real stars of the show. I'd kill to own some Louis Vuitton luggage but I think given the choice of any of their wonderful pieces of arm candy, I might have to opt for this shiny red number. What a beauty! Finally, a pair of Chanel flats. The pattern and gloss mix of the iconic leather two tone flats look stunning and as classy as any pair of high heels.


Weekend of being ill. by hollieanne