Friday 26 December 2008

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for Boxing Day.

The last three Dressing For topics have been pretty straight forward. Sorry. But what else is there but Christmas? I could write about a personal event happening today which is making me feel a wee bit rubbish but it's probably too personal (or too related to MYB) to blog.

Chin up, eh? It's Boxing Day. A day of sale shopping, binging on more food and enjoying all the gifts of yesterday. I made a last minute decision to hit the sales today but didn't have too much time so mainly went to New Look. Must say, I was slightly disappointed. I managed to buy a fabulous gold/cream colour swishy skirt that was reduced to £7 from £28 in the New Look sale and a few little bits of jewellery but nothing substantial.

I think I'll go back tomorrow and try and seek out bargains in the likes of M&S, H&M and any other store which I didn't have a chance to raid.

The best purchase of today was my Fujifilm Finepix S8000fd! My mum and her bloke bought it for me much to my delight. It's pretty and takes snappy snaps. I'm happy enough.

On with the outfit! I've picked something stylish but comfortable today; an outfit which is easily slipped on and off in changing rooms to try on that ugly but cheap dress from Topshop. The boy-fit blazer should be a wardrobe staple and this one is by Stella McCartney. Under the blazer I've added an ACDC tee and the jeans are Republic. Keeping with the navy and black theme, the flats are Debenhams, the ring is by ASOS and the guitar watch is Marc by Marc Jacobs. A splash of colour is added with some adorable Betsey Johnson earrings and a Marni bag. Happy Boxing Day!



Boxing Day. by hollieanne