Monday 27 April 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for the night before.

It's the evening before my first tattoo. I sit here nervous and knowing that in 12 hours time, I'll have the numbing cream on and be ready to leave the house. The more people I tell, the more shocked people are that I'm getting inked up but when I explain the motives behind it, it all makes sense to people.

So, what is it that I'm afraid of? Well, the answer is simple- the pain! I've been scared on needles ever since I was a tiny little girl and had to get an operation. I've asked a few friends who already have little inked drawings on their bodies and I'm told to grit my teeth through it, remember why I'm getting it down and take lots of deep breaths. I'm planning on taking my iPod to drown out the sound but I think chatting away might help more and take my mind off things. I keep telling myself it'll be over in no more than half an hour. Wish me luck, eh?

I plan on trying to take a few pics (before, during and after) so I'll let you know where you can find them if it's to your taste.

The outfit I've selected today would be worn out for cocktails with friends- a few drinks to get my courage going. I have a love/hate relationship with this green suede jacket by Acne which I've paired with some Sass & Bide jeans. I love a bit of colour clashing so I've added a pochette clutch by Proenza Schouler, a ring from ASOS and some friendship bracelets by Monsoon. Finally, to finish this fierce look, some show-stopping 5.5 inch heeled sandals by Christian Louboutin.