Wednesday 22 April 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for art and philosophy.

My day was always going to be a little tough when a smelly bloke into trains sat next to me on the bus and insisted on talking to me about his house near a windmill. I tried to apply my bronzer, tried to put my iPod in, tried to call MYB... nothing worked! He got off after a few stops though, I was so thankful.

Then, with the sun blazing outside and begging me to sit my maxi skirt covered bottom on the grass and read Grazia, I had to endure a long philosophy lecture. Normally, I adore my philosophy lectures but I felt a little lost today. We were looking into art and philosophy in the 1600s. The subject really interested me but the more my lecturer went on and on and on, the less intelligent I felt and I started to feel sad when I was thinking more about lip gloss as my other students were taking notes. I'm intelligent, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I feel others in the class look down on me for writing the articles I do and going off to Uni to study the subject I'll be doing. But sod 'em, right? I shouldn't let it get to me.

I've also managed to sprain my hand in the last few days which now means I'll be spending a while in the walk in centre getting it fixed up tomorrow. I've had my arm bandaged up before. I added a corsage to make it look nice.

Oh and finally, I argued with my twelve year old brother. Woe is moi? Not really, I have an appointment with MYB in half an hour.

Fashion always cheers me up so I'm moving on to the pretty outfit I've made up for today. I love girls who can pull off this casual look of a shirt and jeans. The shirt used here is by Steven Alan, I've gone for bleach jeans from Topshop and a pair of fabulous sunglasses also from Topshop. These super cute flip-flop come from Marc by Marc Jacobs, this sweet little necklace is by Hannah Zakari and the gorgeous soft pink bag is available from http://www.luxeaccessories.com/ . Hope you enjoyed the sunshine!