Sunday 19 April 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for being sad on a Sunday.

Come on, Hollie, pull yourself together! I keep repeating this in my head but the idea of curling into my bed for several days and crying a few tears feels like the better option. Of course, like any person recovering from years of on/off mental illness, there will be bad days. Today isn't a bad day, as such, I'm no-where near the lows I have experienced in times gone past but I need a major cuddle and perhaps a tiny cry. Crying is healthy, letting it all out is healthy.

I'm not sure what's wrong, perhaps I'm just being a silly hormonal girl or coming down from the high of the past few days? Perhaps it's the end of the holidays and I'm nervous of the next few academic weeks ahead? I'll be fine, I know I will. I'm having a bit of a miserable day just like any other human being experiences.

I've kept busy today and done some more editing and writing. Playing with my guinea pigs also made me smile. Simple pleasures and keeping busy always works. I might go to bed soon and do some reading and call my love and remind him just how much I love him- from his beautiful blond hair to the tip of his toes.

The outfit I've styled for today would be worn for a Sunday lunch with friends and lots of laughing. I am madly in love with this Sonia Rykiel jumper and I've paired it with a Topshop floral skirt and black tights. I've added some incredible Rupert Sanderson platforms and a cute ChloƩ bag. Finally, I've used some ASOS hair clips and a ring by Oasis.