Friday 10 April 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for being too tired to shop.

Did I just write that? I think I did. My word, I must be exhausted. Yesterday was amazing, if not tiring and I came back more tired than I have been in months. After a decent sleep, I spent this morning playing with the guinea pigs and then soaking in a relaxing bath.

Do you ever just have those days where it doesn't matter how much sleep you've had, you're still exhausted? That was me today. I thought perhaps the aforementioned bath might wake me up or some lunch and a few cups of coffee but nothing did it.

This afternoon I tagged along with my parents when they went shopping and, with everything from Zara to H&M to Lush to Faith at my fingertips, I couldn't manage to strength to even try on a pair of heels. I was left dreaming of my bed, a warm blanket and thick socks.

When I arrived home, I curled up on the sofa in my favourite jersey dress and read magazines. I'm now looking forward to an early night. Dull and boring? Perhaps. Cosy and lovely? Very much so.

I'm dressing comfortably today but nonetheless super stylish. I've started with a fitted grey jacket from Wet Seal and added a stunning By Malene Birger pleated skirt. For accessories, I've gone for a Vivienne Westwood bear necklace, a cute See by ChloĆ© bag and some silver Marc by Marc Jacobs woven flats. To finish the outfit, I've used a flower ring by Lydia Courteille, at nearly £4,000, it's certainly an investment piece.