Thursday 15 January 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for congratulating her Meme!

My darling mother, after a few months out of work due to being made redundant, landed a dream job today! I am SO utterly proud as she's been so sad since she was made redundant a little while back.

I'd finished lectures for the day and my mother and I met up in search of a perfect black skirt and pretty tan boots. We were gossiping about the usual when, after only an hour of arriving back from her interview, my Yummy Mummy receives a call to say it's good news! Having just purchased tassel bags and cheap Chanel-a-like pumps, we burst into huge tears of happiness.

I'm unsure when she starts but it's very soon and my Yummy Mummy and I are both looking forward to shopping for her new work wardrobe. Well done, Yummy Mummy!

In other news, I gained a Distinction for my philosophy exam meaning I'm on an A grade for the first term. I'm elated. Today is a good day.

I've designed the outfit today as something my Yummy Mummy could wear on her first day as a biology assistant. Although restrictions will be enforced on her choice of clothing, she'd still look gorgeous in this even if it were only to wear on the journey there and back. The pretty tea dress is Diane von Furstenberg- I love the sleeves on this! I've added some maroon Topshop tights, a Marc by Marc Jacobs bag and a topaz watch by Kenneth Jay Lane. The pretty floral earrings and grey Mary-Jane shoes are by Forever21. Well done once more, Yummy Mum!

Congratulations, Mummy!
Congratulations, Mummy! by hollieanne