Wednesday 14 January 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for asking for an extension.

As a journalist, I've become an expert in reaching my deadlines no matter what but my standards have somewhat slipped in the mist of feeling rather low lately and so it comes as a slight disappointment to oneself to have to send off an e-mail to a lecturer tonight and ask for a deadline extension.

I hate the idea of asking for an extension but I know it has to be done to produce the best piece of work possible. If my deadline request is rejected, well, I'm sure I'll manage at a push but I really need to make sure I get top grades and I think just a few more days would help.

I admit that I'm struggling right now. The slight feelings of depression and exhaustion can become too much during the day to the point that I am deadly silent towards others and find myself unable to concentrate. I'm sure I'll snap out of it at any moment and I should really stop feeling so apologetic for it all: 'm feeling a little overwhelmed by an illness I continue to battle- why am I so sorry for it all? Asking for an extension is nothing to be ashamed of but perhaps something to be proud of in the way of being able to ask for help and not sinking.

MYB is out tonight with his two but I don't by half wish he was here to talk me through this. I love the fact that MYB has been there and done the whole education thing so he can always provide me with such wise words- and cuddles!

The outfit that I've styled for today would be a wonderful choice to step into any lecturers office, bat your eyelids and ask for a little longer to type up that essay. The outfit is smart but student-chic. This beautiful blouse is by one of my favourite labels, Antik Batik. I've added some 7 For All Mankind bootcut jeans, wonderful Grecian lace-ups by Carvela and a studded bag by Dorothy Perkins. Jewellery is in the form of a glam rock by Vera Wang and super pretty Kenneth Jay Lane feather necklace. Wish me luck!

Deadline.
Deadline. by hollieanne