Tuesday 6 January 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for her Dateiversary.

It's my Dateiversary! Actually, the Dateiversary of both MYB and myself. Wondering what it is? Well, my Loves, today marks two years since MYB and I had our very first date! OK, so we haven't been together for 2 years but two years ago today we had our first ever romantic date. And, I can safely say, it was one of the most wonderful days of my life.

On the day that MYB and I went out together romantically, I made the decision to change how things were and within two weeks I was interviewing my favourite band for a journalism piece. What can I say? The man inspires me to no end. It was also the second time I'd ever been to London (I was staying with my BBF for a week or two at the time) and walking through the streets of Kensington, visiting the V&A and walking past LCF students made me realise that this is where I had to be. And nine months later I was. That day changed my life forever.

And I've adored MYB more and more each day since then. It's taken us a long while to finally sort ourselves out and get together properly but it's been more than worth the wait. OK, so we're not in the most straight forward of relationships in terms of the age-gap and his extra family but I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm not saying I want to spend forever with MYB but what I am saying is that, on Janurary 6th 2007, it clicked with me that it was him and only him. Always.

MYB and I are spending this coming weekend together (can't wait!) but this outfit fits the bill for a pretty romantic evening. The dress is by Giambattista Valli; I adore this label and plan to marry in one of their dresses (or an Oscar de la Renta number). I'd pin on this pretty poppy brooch and continue the theme with an ASOS hairband and ChloƩ ring. The look is stimulated with some incredible heels by Alexander McQueen and a Chanel bag. Finally, for my darling MYB who will remember all those moments we shared in the rain that day- a poppy umbrella!


Dateiversary. by hollieanne