Friday 14 November 2008

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for weekends away.

I can't say much about this weekend, really. I want to, but perhaps it's best not to for fear of complications. A weekend away is just what I need and I want to talk about plans, my company and all in between but I've been asked to keep it low-key. And before you question it, no, I am not off for an illicit affair/filthy weekend with some woman's husband/to sleep around behind MYB's back/to undergo some secret boob job. Quite the opposite, actually. You can probably guess where and who with but not so much why the secrets. I'm not too sure, either.

But anyway, my weekend bag is packed and I raided the Chanel and Lancome beauty counter in House of Fraser this morning for a quick pick me up. I'm all set to go and meet my date for the weekend at 9pm tonight somewhere in Yorkshire (or at least I think it's Yorkshire...).

I spent several hours at the salon this morning having my hair done. I am now a really natural looking shade of ginger and I adore it! Oh my god! I feel like Nicola Roberts but without the size 6 figure, cash and string of "hard-men" boyfriends. I hope it goes down well tonight- I don't see why not!

So, as I'm going to be away until Sunday evening, my lovely Readers get 2 outfits: one for train travel and late evening drinks and the other for a fabulous cocktail drinking and shoe shopping Saturday in a (probably) Yorkshire city.

Friday evening: I need something comfortable to travel in but I also want to look stupidly hot. This DKNY dress is sort of fugly but that's why I love it. It's so fussy so doesn't need much in the need of accessorising so I've picked some simple gold jewellery and some Sigerson Morrison boots that I'd sell MYB to own. All that's needed is a weekend bag in the form of this Balenciaga number and you're done!

Saturday: Saturday calls for a lie-in and a big bubble bath before going out for a light lunch and to raid the Topshop sale. I've gone on a bit of a Sonia Rykiel love-fest with this. The gorgeous coat, sweater dress and killer shoes are all by the lady herself and the tights and bag are Topshop. Grab about 10 shopping bags and a glass of wine to complete the look.

Have a fun weekend!



Friday travels. by hollieanne