Saturday 29 November 2008

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for the Primark menswear section.

I was dragged out Christmas shopping today and with my sore throat still roaring and bags under my eyes after chatting with MYB into the small hours, it was pretty much the last thing I wanted.

After a wake-up call in the form of soft cheese and bread sticks for breakfast, I blow dried my ginger mop and added a pop of red lipstick on and was finally ready to face the havoc inducing high streets. My mother and I stepped out together for a men-free shopping day (although several yummy creatures caught my eye so it wasn't totally men-free) and indulged in every make-up counter that Boots has to offer. My selections? A wonderful orange lipstick, Marc Jacobs 'Daisy' fragrance and a smokey eye collection for the festive season.

We had fun selecting gifts for my brothers and I managed to pick up a few things for MYB (not from the Primark menswear section if you're reading this MYB, you don't have to worry!). My pleasure came in the surprisingly cool Primark menswear section. My mother was picking out a few bits for her tracksuit bottoms and trainers excuse for a partner and a cardigan caught my eye. I'm a major fan of the boyfriend cardigan and wore one recently when out for dinner with MYB over a smart purple dress, stockings and heels. The latest addition to my expanding cardigan wardrobe is a grey with "neon" pink stripe cardigan from Primark menswear. I opted for the XL size for a baggy and comfortable feel and I'm currently wrapped in it over the top of some pretty pink pajamas. I also came across a rather large tartan scarf that will go fab on jeans and Topshop basic vest days. Who would have guessed, eh?

I'd wear this outfit out for dinner with MYB or perhaps just to the cinema and for a cocktail. I'm a little bit in love with Primark today so both the peep toes and the gorgeous orange dress are from the flea market on the High Street that is Primarni. And we love it! I've used jewellery from Betsey Johnson and an established "it" bag in the form of this Balenciaga teal number. Finally, as I am championing men's clothing, add a Topman teal cardigan and wear with the buttons left open.



Menswear. by hollieanne