Monday 3 November 2008

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for getting very confused.

What am I like, eh? There I was, lipstick on and perfume sprayed, about to set out of the house for an appointment. I'd blagged a lift there and back which saved me three buses each way and I'd woken up especially early to get myself sorted for this meeting.

I'm about to walk out of the door when I pick up my diary. The intention was to scribble the number of the hotel MYB was in so that I could give him a call. What I saw was an appointment card slotted in at the back of my diary. At this point I'm in a bit of a rush so I quickly look at the card. Ah, no November 3rd meeting but rather a November 10th meeting. Bugger!

I hate doing that, don't you? Last time I did it I ended up getting all the way there and looking rather silly to the point that I cried a little. Thank God I didn't do that!

Apparently our household was all confused today and it wasn't just me. My mother called up the doctor to cancel an appointment for today. Turns out it's tomorrow. What's wrong with us?

Thankfully, I did get one thing right with time today. During a rather early break in my evening class I rang the hotel number I had for MYB (he's in the Isle of Man) to check to make sure I had the right place. The hotel receptionist put me through and I'm all set for it clicking off any second as I expected MYB to be working or out for dinner. By coincidence, I caught him ten minutes before he was due to go out for dinner with the BBC lot. I like how things work out like that. So, we spent a while talking about my mustard cardigan, apologising for a silly (tired) argument last night and then said general pretty and loving rubbish that made me smile and blush for the rest of the lecture.

I have been very confused today.

However, if you do manage to make all your appointments at the right time and on the right day, why not do it in style? I like this outfit a lot. Black and blue aren't colours I wear too much but, according to my mum, I should. I really love this Moschino Cheap & Chic cardigan and cami vest all in one- it's pretty and versatile and would look really sweet paired with these 7 For All Mankind jeans. Slip on some Tibi flat slingbacks and carry your (correctly updated) diary around in a smart Anya Hindmarch black bag. Finally, some cute little bits of Forever21 jewellery. Now, always remember to double check- I'm glad I did!


Confusion. by hollieanne