Thursday 27 November 2008

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for lunch after lectures.

I'm in such a brilliant mood today despite only a few hours sleep and many a looming deadline. Today saw me feeling confident and smiley on a freezing cold North East morning; my trench was back on, the peep toes I wore were freezing my feet off and my over sized clutch was like a comforting daytime teddy bear.

I attended my philosophy lecture this morning and successfully pointed argument out, debated and pouted my way to such respect from my fellow classmates. On my way out of campus, Pussycat Dolls on my iPod and lipstick freshly applied, I bumped into an old classmate who I hadn't seen in ages due to timetable changes and we exchanged chats and smiles that kept me grinning for the rest of the day. Finally, I waltzed into town and met my darling mummy for lunch and a catch-up. As a friend said to me today: "Lunches with mums are the best" and she is so right. I can always trust my mum to tell me I look nice, make a few corrections when I don't and generally amuse me.

After the entry yesterday about surprise contact from MYB, I thought it couldn't get too much better in terms of loved-up, romantic and flirty mid-day messages but clearly I was wrong. MYB and I exchanged text messages all day that made me feel all beautiful and safe despite MYB working in the capital today and your darling blogger being Up North.

Lunch with mummy was fabulous, MYB has pretty much made me the happiest girl in the world today and nothing beats a decent philosophical debate. So, to express my happiness but a need to still dress smartly for lunch with mummy, Dressing For is colourful but chic. I'm a major Oscar de la Renta fan and have been spying on this silk bow blouse for a while. I've paired the aforementioned blouse with some simple wide-leg jeans available from Warehouse and some wonderful heels by the fabulous Georgina Goodman. Now, you'll have to forgive me for yet more purple but I cannot resist and have therefore gone for a purple flower ring, a Fiorelli laptop bag and some bangles available from ASOS. Got your glass of wine in your hand, mother opposite you and smile on your face? Your look is complete!



Lunch after lectures. by hollieanne