Monday 10 November 2008

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for Teen Vogue and Cosmogirl.

I went into Smiths this afternoon to buy NYLON (although, after the Peaches Geldof column disaster, I don't know why) but found the new delivery wasn't in yet. However, amongst the choices of either Plastique or Another Magazines, I saw two titles that I'd grown up adoring but hadn't bought in ages.

I didn't dare open the front covers of the two magazines as to savor every moment for tomorrow once I'm cuddled up in Starbucks with a skinny toffee nut coffee. I spent £4.95 on Cosmogirl and Teen Vogue because, sometimes, it's nice to have a super simple read in your hand.

I haven't picked up either magazines in ages so I cannot wait to flick through the pages once more. After a rather long, tiring and- frankly- a bit rubbish day, I'll wake with a geeky excitement as to devour every word of my magazines tomorrow.

Dressing For is today about being a sensible grown-up but with that little bit of girly teen added on secretly. This outfit would be worn to dinner with MYB and his mates or out for cocktails with my girls. I love this Bill Blass flamenco backless blouse- appallingly sexy but still subtle. Team with some 7 for All Mankind jeans and a simple but effective Mulberry clutch. Next, slip this gorgeous Yves Saint Laurent cocktail ring on for ultimate sophisticated yet girly effect. And now, here comes the inner teen within you, have several spritzes of this Hilary Duff fragrance and slip on your Jessica Simpson shoes. Finally, add some sort of fizzy, pink and sparkly drink!


Cosmogirl/Teen Vogue. by hollieanne