Friday 21 November 2008

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for Rachel Stevens.

A discussion about Rachel Stevens came up in Starbucks in Manchester whilst away on a romantic weekend with MYB recently. As I was browsing through his iTunes play lists ("They were before your time Hollie... And them... Yeah, them too") I came across a single track by Ms. Stevens; I then proceeded to giggle that MYB was the only man on earth to appreciate her music. "But you have to admit, it is a bloody good track, Hollie". Perhaps MYB had a point?

The discussion never cropped up in my mind until today when my Internet radio station blasted out Some Girls by Rachel Stevens. I found myself overjoyed at hearing the song I hadn't heard in forever! Last.Fm them proved the source and I found myself listening to tracks such as Sweet Dreams My LA Ex (MYB's favourite!), Negotiate With Love and I Said Never Again.

Not only can the girl prove a hit on Strictly Come Dancing but she can sure by Hell perk up an afternoon of creating mood boards for my portfolio.

Sadly, however, I now have to admit to MYB that he was right. Bugger!

Rachel wore this Hervé Léger to the National Television Awards recently and she looked amazing in it. I've changed it a little from the standard award night clutch and sparkly shoes to a more edgy look. A jacket of sorts is a must with this cold weather so I've selected this leather jacket by Forever21. I've gone purple with accessories in the form of some killer Moda In Pelle shoes and a Valentino patent tote. Finally, add some cocktail rings by Marc by Marc Jacobs and Miss Selfridge respectively. I'd wear this out for dinner with the girls and to jump in a cab to make it back on time for the Strictly Come Dancing final!


Rachel Stevens. by hollieanne