Sunday 8 February 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for Sunday shopping.

My weekends have swapped round of late. Normally, for most people, Saturday has become the day of retail therapy and business and Sunday is left for those days of sausage sandwiches, Hollyoaks, reading the papers and lounging about. Lately, my days have swapped roles. Yesterday was spent relaxing and today was a thrilling day of hitting the High Street.

OK, so perhaps I normally spend both days in a wonder of retail happiness but it's been nice to relax and then really enjoy the new season items that are cropping up in all the High Street stores. I didn't purchase too much (a simple but super soft white fitted cardigan, a pink leather belt with gold buckle detailing and a nautical dress) but I was really excited to see day dresses available once more and heavy winter coats are now replaced but lighter trench coats and hip skimming jackets in pop colours and animal prints.

I'm missing MYB a lot, to be honest. Perhaps I'm just being over emotional at the moment (every bloody thing is making me cry!) and could do with a cuddle from him but I found myself in tears over it last night, which is very rare as regards anything to do with MYB being busy and/or unavailable. I just wish I could steal him from work, if only for an hour, and feel safe again. Is it the presence of Valentine's Day that is making me miss him more or is it that I'm increasingly tired and busy? Perhaps a mix of the two. I think I need to call him after this. And stop being such an over emotional girly girl!

I'm moving on to the fashion pick of the day before I get any more soppy/silly. New Look currently have a beautiful red trench in right now(actually, it's the same as my beige one but a different colour) and I'm tempted to take advantage of their 20% student discount to buy it. Do I need it? Nope. But it's so beautiful and as seen as I cannot afford the See by ChloƩ one feature here, it's the next best thing. I found this sweet little vest from Topshop which I've paired with Cheap Monday skinnies and the most wonderful pair of lace-ups I've seen in a long while. They're lush, right? Thank Mr. Cavalli for producing such beauties; I doubt I'd ever have them off my feet if I owned them. The Topshop hexagon bag is perhaps more of an evening bag than a day bag but mini is the new maxi, after all. This sweet little necklace is by Tarina Tarantino and the ring is Marc by Marc Jacobs.


Sunday shopping.
Sunday shopping. - by hollieanne on Polyvore.com