Tuesday 24 February 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for a day of broken hearts.

Here at Dressing For HQ, we're all a bit low tonight. Tears and pouts and sighs are echoing around as everyone tries to comfort me after several super rubbish things happened today. I'm not going into details, I just want to be given a break so much.

The morning started off fine. MYB sent me some lovely morning texts to apologies for falling asleep before we had a chance to chat last night and I went out for a lovely run for a while. I ate lunch, got stuck into a wonderful project I'm working on and then, sat in my bed working and listening to Kanye West, I hear some bad news which would leave me crying for the next few hours. Devastating doesn't even come near it.

I'm so lucky to have such wonderful people around me. MYB has been a saint and I couldn't be more thankful of how he coped when I rang his office and cried down the phone to him. MYB couldn't have said nicer or more sweet things; I just really hope I haven't let him down.

But this evening got worse. Something trivial and expected but nonetheless rubbish. Let's hope tomorrow is better, eh? And I'm going to make some pancakes soon to make me feel happy inside.

Black is the main shade for this outfit. Depressing, I know, but there are some lovely colour pops which symbolise happiness and a bright future. I've used a beautiful Rick Owens tie-front leather jacket and used a Topshop printed tee underneath. The black jeans are Sass & Bide. Colour comes in the form of some incredible Brian Atwood heels, a Marc Jacobs bag and jewellery from both Topshop and Wet Seal. Happy Pancake Day!


It has been a rather bad day.
It has been a rather bad day. - by hollieanne on Polyvore.com