Monday 16 February 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for booking dinner online.

MYB is a clever bloke. He knows stuff about the web and such like but I, on the other hand, am at a bit of a loss. I use social networking sites but I'm only just using Twitter, I clearly blog and I've become a little too accustomed to shopping online. But that's about it, that's about all I can manage. In actual fact it's not that bad but I still do find myself a little lost when MYB talks about podcasting and rubbish like that.

You see, the Internet scares me. I feel I can never trust it and although I booked both my Britney and Beyoncé tickets through the web, there's always a feeling it never went through. I always feel nervous that train tickets haven't booked or an order I've placed on ASOS won't arrive because the Internet swallowed it up or something equally as silly.

I'm old fashioned, right? Considering I'm both a print and web journalist, I'm still not totally clued up and even if I am, I don't use it as much as I should. But I'm the girl who will send a love letter like your granny would rather than a love e-mail. And, in actual fact, I think MYB probably finds it refreshing.

But I trusted the web tonight and booked a dinner reservation online. Two, in actual fact. One for dinner in Angel on Wednesday with a dear friend and one for a pretty French place for the following evening with a few friends of mine. A few clicks and I have tables booked and confirmation e-mails. Am I going to call up both places tomorrow just to check? Probably. But I'm going to try and resist and put my faith in the Internet. I'll report back and let you know if it actually all goes to plan!

I've picked out an outfit which represents my excitement at the upcoming week. It's a very 'Hollie-Anne' outfit. My mother recently described my style as "pretty hippy" and I'm likely to agree. I like blush tones, flowers, flat sandals and the feel of the air on my legs. I've fallen in love with this dress by Roksanda Ilincic, it has to be one of the most beautiful pieces I've seen lately. I've added some gold flat sandals by Coach, a pretty pink leather Balenciaga bag and I've finished off the look with a Versace bangle and some sweet earrings by Christian Lacroix.

Booking dinner.
Booking dinner. - by hollieanne on Polyvore.com