Tuesday 17 February 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for spending time with her mother.

Some women complain about spending time with their mother. Meeting up in M&S and listening to her go on and on about how you need to settle down shortly and have some babies isn't the idea of a brilliant afternoon for most people, but it is for me.

OK, so my mother is very accepting of MYB (actually, she's thinks I'm not good enough for him- ha!) and she'd never push the issue of children because she knows I'm not maternal and never plan on getting pregnant. But listening to my mum talk about her things and her goings on is utter bliss for me. By the age of 19, my mother had lost her own mother and I find it so difficult to understand how that must have been for her. I'm an only child and my mum has always been my best friend so even if she is "gently guiding" me about marriage and children and the future, I will always love it.

Today we did some lovely high street shopping and then came home to make dinner. I love cooking with my mum, she's an incredible cook. Tonight we had fresh baguettes with humus and Italian meat followed by grilled chicken and ploughman's salad. Yum! We've been painting our nails tonight and sitting watching TV. I love these times.

If my mum and I are meeting for a shopping trip or lunch, I always make sure I look really nice as I want to make her super proud. This outfit is more than mum worthy! The pretty floral dress is by Forever21 and I've added some purple heels from H&M and a corsage (which I own) also from H&M. The clashing colour earrings come from Miss Selfridge, the daisy watch is none other than Marc by Marc Jacobs and this incredibly beautiful necklaces is Yves Saint Laurent. Finally, a Topshop suede clutch to match in with the colour scheme.

Just a final note, the blog will be up tomorrow but early on in the morning. Thursday and Friday will see the blog (most probably) not up and running due to being away with work and not being able to access the Internet. I'll try my best but I'm 90% sure the blog will be down for a few days. Apologies.


Spending time with mum.
Spending time with mum. - by hollieanne on Polyvore.com