Monday 9 February 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for: "Happy Birthday, BFF!"

Celebrations all round as my wonderful BFF turns 24 today! My little boy is all grown up now...well, perhaps not grown up but he's getting on a bit. We've spent some brilliant birthdays together, the best probably being when we were a couple and I threw him a surprise tea party for just the two of us; we were eating party food left overs for days after and had loads of fun popping the hundreds of balloons I'd blown up for the occasion.

Sadly, however, we spent this year apart. Clearly it was for practical reasons but not being with my BFF on his birthday today was a tiny bit painful. I'm chuffed that he spent the day out with his Love Interest at the cinema but I have to admit that I am jealous that she got to be with him today. I must have called my BFF about ten times to sing happy birthday to him and I think I began to get on his nerves a little but he appreciated it all the same.

The worst thing about today was hearing "our" song. My BFF and I once spent a thrilling and highly amusing evening together at a wedding party, we dressed up and I got rather tipsy. At the end of the evening, we went in search of cigarettes for a family member which ended up involving driving all around Essex and popping into a very creepy pub to buy- what we later found out- the wrong cigarettes. High on the happiness of the day, I clicked on my iPod as my BFF drove around and blasted this certain song. My BFF and I were so busy singing and dancing along to it that he ended up driving over a crossroads and being beeped at by about five different drivers. It might not sound much but we still laugh about it over 18 months later and the song I heard on the radio today reminds me of that very hilarious and wonderful day.

BFF, Happy 24th Birthday!

Clearly, I'd wear this outfit out to my BFF's party. I may find myself falling in love with this Paul Smith pretty floral dress. I've gone for neutral colours with some Miu Miu slingbacks, a Betsey Johnson necklace and earring set and all other jewellery by Louis Vitton. But it's the clutch that really makes this outfit for me, it's from the one and only Butler and Wilson and is a brilliant statement piece. Until tomorrow...

Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday - by hollieanne on Polyvore.com