Monday 23 February 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for Samantha Cameron.

I'm a Tory girl and not afraid to say so. Whereas my parents are Labour voters and I come from a long line of working class North East men and women, I totally favour the Conservatives. I could blog for hours on why their policies appeal to me but I'll opt out for now and discuss my love for Samantha Cameron. She makes me swoon! She's by no means my lady crush but she's a true inspiration and icon for me and thus I ended up writing 1000 words on her and her wonderfulness today.

Sam Cam not only has a wonderful dress sense (elegant, colourful, modern, trendy, chic, well fitting...) but she's an incredible role model for those wanting to juggle a vastly successful career with motherhood. She's beautiful, does a wonderful job at Smythson and should be praised for coming out as an individual despite the success of her husband.

Writing 1000 words on my idol was a pleasure and I hope I've given a successful argument that she plays a key role within the Tory party.

Enough politics and onto fashion? Indeed! I'm sorry if this entry is too politically focused but I have dressed in typical Sam Cam style here. Samantha Cameron is often seen in Reiss and this top from the very store would look wonderful with her colouring. I've used some trousers, gloves, heels and a bag by French Connection and added a statement necklace from Jigsaw. Final touches come from some Forever21 earrings and a stunning Chopard diamond watch.

Sam Cam
Sam Cam - by hollieanne on Polyvore.com