Sunday 15 March 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for a surprising dress find.

In 11 days time (not that I'm counting), I have one of the most important events of my life. Of course, like a few other events of late, I cannot reveal a word about the exact details as of yet but it's huge to the point that I'm already feeling the adrenaline kick in.

Every exciting event need a new outfit, right? I have to admit that I was starting to panic as to what to wear- it's one of those weird events where one doesn't know exactly what the dress code is. I'd seen a pretty orange chiffon skirt in Monsoon but my pale legs would have classed and I don't trust myself with a bottle of fake tan under any circumstances. As I have a busy week and will probably have plans this coming weekend, it was pretty much a case of finding something today or sticking with my Paul Smith-a-like rose print dress. But the high street came up brilliantly today in the form of a rather plain but super flattering dress.

My new dress is the same shape as the one featured below and, as a girl with decent size hips and not so fabulous legs (although MYB would disagree, I'm sure), it really shouldn't work on my figure but I'm not sure I've come across such a flattering dress. My boobs are reduced in size, my tummy is hidden and my legs looks rather great in it. I'm impressed and, with the plain colouring, it's going to be so much fun to style up with red tones, perhaps flashes of bright white and my favourite vintage silk scarf.

I'm sure the dress is rather recognizable to a lot of you as being the Patricia Field for M&S dress which featured in stores a little while back. Added to the dress is a simple waist belt from Miss Selfridge. I've gone for some fab Forever21 heels and a Patricia Field Barbie necklace which I am now totally lusting after. Topshop provide the super fun accessories with a heart bag, striped ring and domino earrings. Hope you've had a great weekend!

Dress shopping.
Dress shopping. - by hollieanne on Polyvore.com