Tuesday 10 March 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for being made to feel incredibly beautiful by MYB.

That was a long title, wasn't it? My plans for today were mainly revolved around seeing my father this afternoon and having one too many chocolates after he upset me by telling me no man would ever want to marry me or something similar. Besides that? A load of writing and visuals to produce.

But my father came and, as much as he did upset me, I managed the whole day with a huge grin on my face. And this is where MYB comes in. We shared pretty ideas and secrets into the early hours last night and I sent him a text this morning to remind him how much I loved him. In came a day filled with him sending me beautiful texts from his desk to remind me how much he loves me, to tell me he thinks I'm beautiful, to create little plans of spending my birthday in Italy and to share some silly gossip.

It made all the difference to a dull Tuesday which would have been spent feeling a little low after my father's energy draining visit. OK, so my father did go on about how it's unlikely I'll ever settle down and get married (actually, I think I know someone who may well disagree) but I just couldn't stop smiling. A beep every half an hour really made a difference to my day and I've spent tonight in a total daydream about holidays, past memories and our future. I feel secure and happy which I certainly couldn't have said this time last year in terms of my relationship with MYB due to my breakdown. It's nice to feel like this and to have a safe and secure future with the man I want to wake up with for a very long time to come.

OK, exit love and enter fashion? Think so! I've gone from pretty and perfect tonight; something to wear whilst out for dinner with my love and then hitting a few clubs with my female friends into the early hours. This entire outfit is love for me. This purple print zebra print dress is from Rebecca Taylor and I've gone for total work of art shoes in the form of these frill and flower white Viktor & Rolf heels. The bag is clearly a Chanel 2.55 and the hair corsage is from Johnny Loves Rosie. This pretty daisy watch necklace is Marc by Marc Jacobs and the rock is Burberry.

MYB makes me feel beautiful.
MYB makes me feel beautiful. - by hollieanne on Polyvore.com