Wednesday 11 March 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for dinner with her mother.

My mother celebrates her birthday tomorrow. I'm clearly not going to reveal my mother's age but I've become more and more fascinated by her astonishing beauty and wonderful skin. As one ages, it's dictated that beauty becomes less of a focus but my mother looks better with age.

We went out for dinner tonight and then to the cinema (we saw 'He's just not that into you' and it is well worth every penny- loved it) and sat sharing ice-cream as we nodded our heads in agreement with the characters on the screen who were all going through some sort of melodramatic but realistic love issue in their lives.

Dinner with my mother is always odd, I always feel the need to impress and to shine despite seeing her everyday. Is it just me or does having dinner with mummy always signal a slight success or fail feeling? My mother is one of my best friends but I'll never stop having a certain driving force behind me to impress her.

I've selected a simple but pretty outfit this evening. I often find that the most simple outfits work best. LBD, black clutch and heels? More than fine! And that's just the look I've gone for here. To me, this Fendi dress is perfection as I adore the shape and the detailing of the belt. I've added a Louboutin clutch, some heels by Giuseppe Zanotti and an Alex Monroe 'love' necklace. Finally, it's colour o'clock with a bright Marc by Marc Jacobs cotton trench. Until tomorrow...


Dinner with my mother.
Dinner with my mother. - by hollieanne on Polyvore.com