Sunday 29 March 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for mornings and evenings in the sunshine.

I beat the clock today. Rather than feeling gutted that I had- in effect- lost an hour of sleep, I woke two hours earlier than normal and jumped into some lounge wear and headed for the garden. I spent an hour drinking a few cups of herbal tea and reading my book as my toes touched the morning dew and my legs stretched out onto the cool grass.



I had to depart from my literary bliss to go out shopping for the afternoon but this only resulted in a chance to purchase more things for my reading pleasure. In the case of today, I bought a Sunday paper and Psychologies magazine.



When I returned home this evening, around 630pm, I put on my favourite H&M hoodie and ventured out into the garden once more with my new stack of reading material, a glass of wine and another mug of herbal tea. Sitting on the bench and watching the sun go down, it made me think of how I need to pull myself out of this little low spell I've been feeling for a few days. I hope it goes away soon.

The floral maxi dress featured here (perfect for sunny afternoons) is by Charlotte Russe and I've added some gladiator heels by Nine West and a Topshop straw clutch. The two necklace here are also by Topshop, the earrings are ASOS and the bangles come from French Connection. Finally, you all know I love a floral ring and this Betsey Johnson one is so cute!


Newspapers in the garden.
Newspapers in the garden. - by hollieanne on Polyvore.com