Thursday 26 March 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for hidden comforts.

I'm back! Have you ever found yourself feeling all warm and snuggly just at something so small? That little bit of comfort when you're least expecting it- like a memory, a smell or reading a text or e-mail from a loved one?

My day has been filled with things like that. Waking up this morning, I found myself feeling beautiful and loved more than ever in the mist of domestic bliss and a silly conversation about normality. Mid-morning was spent in Caffé Nero with a blackberry yogurt and a coffee as the rain beat heavy on the widows and I snuggled deeper in my cosy chair and pulled my newspaper closer to my body as if it losing myself deeper in the articles were like a blanket. And now it's evening and I've been wearing a simple outfit of a black vest and pj bottoms but, as I pulled the top over my head, I found myself surrounded by a beautiful smell that brought me back to a precious moment this morning. It's sad but true that I'm finding myself sniffing my top and pulling myself closer and closer to this morning despite time slipping away from me.

Sometimes, when you need reassurance or a little comforting the most, memories and pleasures sink into you without realising until you're tired at the end of the day and you realise what a simple but lovely 24 hours you've had.

The outfit today is simple, it's normal and it's nothing too special but it's the type of outfit I'd wear to go out for that coffee and watch the skies turn grey. The simple pleasures in life are the best. I love the colouring of this pretty Topshop buckle detail trench and, at £65, it's a bit of a steal. I've used a simple grey tee, some jeans by 7 For All Mankind and then added heels by Dorothy Perkins. The finishing touches come from a scarf and ring by Topshop and a Chloé bag. Hope you've had a great day!

Comfort.
Comfort. - by hollieanne on Polyvore.com