Wednesday 18 March 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for the March sun.

Britain has bathed in glorious sunshine today, hasn't it? I expect you all enjoyed it? What did you all get up to? I made it to a lecture this afternoon, grabbed a Starbucks and met my mother for a quick glass of wine. I was, of course, posing in my sunglasses the whole time!

I love how pretty I often feel in the sunshine and I'm reminded of an August spend sub-editing and lunchtimes spent walking in the sun in North London. I feel at my happiness in the sunshine and psychology reports often suggest that those who have suffered mental illness feel much happier and more calm when the weather is better but I do believe it's just general human nature to feel such a way.

My lecture was thrilling this afternoon, as a journalist already, I always adore writing pieces that I know I'm good at and hearing the journalistic efforts of my ever so talented classmates.

Wearing sunglasses, a crisp white shirt dress and sipping on a Starbucks make me feel glowing and radiant and I listened to Leona Lewis tracks that made me think of my love and remember some beautiful times we've shared. The sun made me happy.

Therefore, I've clearly styled an outfit today suitable for a pretty day in the warm sunshine. I've gone for a simple plain vest from Dorothy Perkins and some Miss Selfridge daisy earrings. To me, this skirt is a dream and something I'd most certainly wear on my wedding day. If you can afford $780, you can purchase this pretty little skirt from Erdem. The sunglasses, sling-back flats and tote are all by the wonderful Marc Jacobs.

March sun.
March sun. - by hollieanne on Polyvore.com