Monday 4 May 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for being so sorry she missed an entry.

Yesterday was my birthday and, in the evening, I was rather too drunk for words- literally. My birthday was a little stressful (the whole weekend didn't go to plan by far) so when I finally went out in the evening with my love, we were stressed and in the mood for one too many cocktails.

We sat sipping on AMAZING cocktails and it didn't occour to me that I hadn't blogged. And the more cocktails I had, the less I thought about the real world and the more I thought about tramp food, swine flu and penguins. The conversation got silly, we got giggly and we had a legendary night out.

Thanks to my lovely family and friends, my birthday was wonderful. I have the most incredible people around me who know my taste so well and know just what to say at the right times. I treasured every second of this weekend, even in the really low points, I was happy just to be Hollie-Anne and I'm never going to change that, people love me for it and that makes me happy.

The outfit styled for tonight would be worn for more celebrations- perhaps a tea party with my family or a pub lunch just like I had earlier today? I've kept it simple with shades of blue and yellow- a colour combination that spells happiness and fun. This Marc by Marc Jacobs dress looks like it would be so flattering and the colour is gorgeous with a tan. I've added a Monsoon bracelet, a gorgeous daisy ring by modcloth.com and a clutch by Dorothy Perkins who are my current fave. Finally, some gorgeous as gorgeous can be heels by Brian Atwood which are perfect for dancing the night away. Hope you've had a lovely holiday weekend.