Thursday 14 May 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for an apology from her father.

I didn't blog about it too much on Monday but, in normal fashion, my father had me in tears once more. This time it was worse than ever though, I have to stay. My stunningly beautiful boyfriend and my darling mother made everything better and I went from feeling like death inside to feeling like normal Hollie once more.

My father made a call to my mother today and made an apology to me via my mum. What made me sad was that he didn't have the guts to say it to me. What do I make of it all? My father is my father, he messes up and says sorry and we all go along and pretend his toxic lifestyle of women and alcohol is fine. It's not fine this time but I have some incredible friends and a wonderful family and that's all I need.

But the sad thing is is that when my dad popped by tonight to pick up some keys (don't ask!), I rushed to change from my leggings and vest to a pretty dress and cardigan. I also did my hair. Why? Because I want him to know I'm fine without his dollars, I'm fine alone.

The outfit today is set to impress. I've started with this beautiful Anna Sui floral dress, added some Valentino shoes that I'd love to get married in and finished with a Stella McCartney bag. The earrings are Forever21, the bangles are Miss Selfridge and the hair pin is Accessorize.