Thursday 18 June 2009

Hollie-Anne Brooks dresses for the one year anniversary.

Today is the day. It's exactly one year ago since I was plugged up to machines and terrified I was going to die. I reflect and dwell on anniversaries a lot and despite the fact that some people find them pointless and can cope well with them, I've felt teary today. I look back and I just cry for the girl who was all alone and so scared. But I've done amazing this past year: I'm earning good money, doing well in my studies and I know I've found the man I'm going to marry. So why can't I look at all that and be proud rather than being upset for the past ? I guess I'm just one of those people.

Last year I was given a second chance and I had a birthday cake today to celebrate the anniversary of the new Hollie-Anne. This girl is an ambitious young journalist, a talented academic and a girl who makes decisions rationally. When someone told me I was beautiful that night one year ago, I knew I had something and someone to live for.